– 5.8x Optical Zoom
– size 3in
– Built in compact flash
Some reviews are insisting that the Nikon D7000 Digital Camera is a replacement for the Nikon D90. Nikon says it is not and I don’t believe it is. These cameras are completely different. The D7000 is much more powerful and has many extra features. I believe this camera is in a whole other class than the D90. The only similarities I see are the size and shape of the camera. This is a powerhouse camera.
For beginners, it has all of the ease of use you will need to get started, but this camera will grow with you as your enthusiasm and experience increase. This camera is used by professional photographers. You will be able to do more with this camera and get much more interesting images, using special features as your experience increases.
· This camera has rubber coating on the finger positions of the camera for better control.
· It has two card slots. You can simultaneously save your images to both slots, creating an automatic back up file.
· An amazing 16.2 megapixels for sharper images. This is the second highest resolution of any Nikon Digital SLR camera. The only camera that is higher is the Nikon 24mp D3X.
· It has a newly developed, improved CMOS sensor. This is a technology for constructing integrated circuits. This new sensor has a higher standard ISO span, 100 to 6400, expandable to ISO 25,600.
· The auto focus and metering system are easy to use and the highest quality available.
· This camera has a 39 point auto focus array with 3D tracking. This is extremely high and will increase the crispness or quality of your images. It also has 9 cross type auto focus points to further improve image quality.
· 2,016-pixel RGB 3D Color Matrix Metering II with Scene Recognition System. It tracks by color. Nikon’s meters are light years ahead of their competition.
· 51 point auto focus system designed to acquire and track those quick movements of your kids or pets or that bird you’ve been attempting to catch in print, more accurately. This is one of the best features of this DSLR camera.
· It has 1080 pixel high definition (HD) video recording and a mic jack for an external microphone.
· Live View shooting mode activated with a dedicated lever.
· The movie specification has full high definition (HD) quality – 1920 x 1080 resolution at 24 frames per second. This is quite high and really gives you professional movies.
· It has full time auto focus, which means it will maintain focus during live view and movie shooting.
· ISO 100 to 6400 (Plus H1 and H2 equivalent to ISO 12800/25600). These are image quality standards.
· 39 point autofocus system with 3D tracking.
· New 1026 pixel metering sensor.
· Scene Recognition system.
· 3.0 inch 921k dot LCD screen.
· Up to 6 frames per second continuous shooting.
· Lockable drive mode dial – This is a mode dial to allow you to change the cameras modes. It can be locked so it can’t be changed.
· It has a built in intervalometer. This is a device which lens for cheap price counts intervals of time.
· Electronic virtual horizon to help create a level image.
· Shutter tested to 150K actuations.
· With no loss of functionality except auto focus (AF).
· Choice of 12 bit or 14 bit NEF (RAW) – Controls the quality of your printed photo.
o NEF is a file format like RAW. Raw files are so named because they are not yet processed and therefore are not ready to be printed or edited with a image editor. Normally, the image is processed by a raw converter where precise adjustments can be made before conversion to a file format such as TIFF or JPEG for storage, printing, or further manipulation.
· This camera even has some limited movie editing functionality.
· This camera has faster auto focus in live view mode than its’ contemporaries.
· It boasts a silent single frame advance mode.